Monday, April 16, 2007

American History & Cheerleading

Feast of Bernadette of Lourdes


According to Wikepedia (and we all know they are THE source for "accurate" information), cheerleading is
an activity that uses organized routines made up of elements from gymnastics, dance or performance stunting/action to cheer on sports teams at games and matches, or to compete at cheerleading competitions.
Well, it is also great for academic reasons.

Queen Lucy was studying for her chapter review test in American History. For once, she took my advice, and read the questions at the end of the chapter first, before reading the chapter the first time. She comes to me complaining about how MANY more terms & definitions this chapter has compared to the previous chapters. Now, I could have played the mean mommy card & ordered her back to her desk to get to work on them, but instead a moment of insanity came over me. (At least, that is what my children called it.)

I began shouting & jumping in the air - cheering my daughter on! I drew on my memories of a few years ago (OK, many years ago) to make up a cheer telling her that I knew she could do it, complete with kicks & jumps. So what if it looked like I was having a seizure, I was cheering my daughter on! Queen Lucy, fearing I would go into another fit of apoplexy, turned on her heel & went back to her desk to do her work. I think she was in shock. Hey! It worked didn't it?!?!?!?

WARNING - Do not attempt this yourself without medical supervision!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I can picture the look on her face! :) Thanks for sharing.