Monday, June 18, 2007

Motu Proprio - Possible Titles (humor)

I have been quiet on the MP front. I KNOW it will come (and VERY glad for it), but I am tired of the days of "Great Disappointment".

ANNNYwaaayyy..... Simon-Peter Says has a humorous post on possible titles for the MP :
Motu Proprio names:
1. Una Voce - With one Voice: appropriate if slightly disingenuous.
2. Magister artis ingeniique largitor venter - Necessity is the mother of all invention.
3. Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione - I'm not interested in your dopey religious cult. For the Novus Ordos.
4. Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare - I think some folks in togas are plotting against me.
5. Da mihi sis bubulae frustrum assae, solana tuberosa in modo gallico fricta, ac quassum lactatum coagulatum crassum - Give me a hamburger, french fries, and a thick shake. Ooops, sorry, that's the Novus Ordo communion hymn.
6. Lege atque lacrima - Read 'em and weep. For the Novus Ordos.
7. Me iudice - I being judge; in my judgement.
8. Salva veritate - With truth preserved.
9. Veni vidi duci - I came, I saw, I calculated.
10. Pone ubi sol non lucet! - Put it where the sun don't shine! For the Novus Ordos.
11. Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem! - Stand aside plebians! I am on imperial business!
12. A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi - A precipice in front, wolves behind (between a rock and a hard place).
13. Me oportet propter praeceptum te nocere - I'm going to have to hurt you on principle. For the Novus Ordos.
14. Damnant quod non intellegunt - They condemn what they do not understand. Against the Novus Ordos.
15. Lux et veritas - Light and Truth.
16. Melius tarde, quam nunquam - Better late than never.
17. Noli nothis permittere te terere - Don't let the bastards get you down.
18. Nill illigitimi carborundum - Do not let the bastards get you down II.
19. Sic friatur crustum dulce - That's the way the cookie crumbles. For the Novus Ordos.
20. Veritas numquam perit - Truth never perishes.
21. Poli, poli, di umbuendo - Slowly, Slowly we will get there.
22. Raptus regaliter - Royally screwed. For the Novus Ordos.
23.Vos vestros servate, meos mihi linquite mores - You cling to your own ways and leave mine to me.
24. Purgamentum init, exit purgamentum - Garbage in, garbage out. For the Novus Ordos.
25. Solitudinem fecerunt, pacem appelunt - They made a desert and called it peace. For the Novus Ordos.

NOTE : I do not dislike "Novus Ordos" (I am one myself half the time, & a TLM attendee the other half). To me, "Norvus Ordos" as used above, are those who are rabidly against the MP.

No comments: