Friday, July 13, 2007

Zucchini Casserole




From my wonderful step-mother -
(My comments on making it meatless are in red)


Zucchini Casserole

2 pounds zucchini (chopped) (I do half zucchini & half yellow squash)
1 medium onion (diced)
Simmer in water until tender and then drain

Add
1 stick oleo (that would be butter or margarine - I prefer butter!)
1 cup shredded carrots
1 8oz carton sour cream
1 8oz pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup (cream of mushroom for meatless)
1 box chicken stove top dressing (I found some stuffing mix that was meatless - read the ingredients carefully)

(I also added 3 eggs for protein for a meatless dish that is to be a main dish.)

Combine well and place in greased casserole dish.
Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 min.

Hope you have good luck with it, it is one of the best I have ever tasted.


No comments: