Friday, August 10, 2007

Gorgeous Green Tie-Dye Ring Sling

August 10, 2007 - Feast of Saint Lawrence
I had the pleasure of making another sling. This sling is made out of a green tie-dye cotton, with a slight stretch. The fabric has variegated thread running the length of it. It is a gorgeous fabric, and my pictures do not do it justice.


The sling is fully reversible, and has a zippered pocket in the tail.



Here is a close-up of the decorative stitching I did along one rail/side of the sling. This helps the wearer when adjusting the sling, by knowing which side of the tail to pull on.

And an added surprise, which my friend does not know about - unless she is reading my blog now - I made a drawstring bag to store the sling in.

The baby this sling was made for, is due any day now. Please pray for a safe delivery!

P.s. - I would love pictures of the sling in use!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous! I love the storage bag too! I hope you can post a pic of the baby in the sling. Very clever idea about putting the decorative stitching on to help the wearer adjust with ease. Great job, Beth!

Samantha said...

Wow, that is beautiful!

Quilterbee said...

Wow, it is gorgeous!!!! I love it. I know Jen will too. She is going to get a lot of use with this.
I will definetly send you pics in use.
The decoritive stitching is really pretty.
Thanks ever so much!!!!
Karen

Unknown said...

That is awesome! I will have to remember you make these when it is closer for our little one to be due =)